Meet our Director
I am Debbie Oxberry, and I LOVE writing bids and tenders. OK, that makes me sound odd, but if you hate the whole process then you need me on board. I get a real buzz out of seeing organisations grow and enjoy working with teams to describe a new service that meets commissioners requirements.
I have worked in health and social care for over 25 years, 20 of them in a business development role. I have set up and managed services and teams, working up to Associate Director level, so I understand the demands faced by health and social care organisations. My background is in Psychology, and I was a guest lecturer on the Psychological Therapies course at the University of York for several years.
For those of you who care about such things, I have an MA and a BA (Hons) in Psychology from the University of Durham, I am a Chartered Manager and Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), and an Accredited Member of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP). I’m also a published author – I love bid writing so much that I’ve even written a series of books about it.
Our experience and achievements
- Managing and writing bids of all sizes, from under £100k up to £78 million
- New business and retenders
- Experienced in public sector procurement, including Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS England, Local Authority, and the Ministry of Defence
- Writing and delivering accredited training courses and e-learning packages (accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management – ILM)
- Experienced in a range of service types and client groups, including mental health and learning disabilities services, criminal justice services, Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT), community eye services, alternatives to acute admission (crisis and recovery houses), urgent care centres, nursing and registered care homes, advocacy, community services, supported housing, rehabilitation and recovery, domiciliary care, helplines and carers services, NHS 111 and Out of Hours primary care services and national and local frameworks
- Worked with a range of operational and clinical teams to produce successful tender documents
- Written bids for a range of contract types, including block contracts, spot purchase, Any Qualified Provider (AQP), and have been involved in CQIN and Payment by Results initiatives
- Over 90% success rate since starting Mercury Business Development and have achieved bid scores of 100